Branthwaite Stable is a traditional Lakeland stone building dating back to the mid eighteenth century which has been sympathetically converted from its former use to a holiday cottage, retaining a number of original features. The cottage has recently been refurbished throughout, which has included the addition of central heating and a new kitchen and bathroom.
Branthwaite Stable nestles at the foot of Brae Fell and the back fells of High Pike. Its picturesque surroundings offers fellside walks from the door and the quiet country lane running by, which forms part of the Cumbria Way cycling route coupled with the plentiful storage available for bikes, makes this an ideal location for cyclists too.
The holiday cottage is pet friendly and one well behaved dog is very welcome.
The snug sitting room has a wood burning stove, before retreating upstairs to sleep between crisp white Egyptian cotton sheets on supremely comfortable beds. For added cosiness, electric blankets are provided.
The pretty and historic village of Caldbeck is approximately 2 miles away which has a pub, post office, general store, cafe and other shops.
- Visit Britain 4 star gold award holiday cottage
- Sleeps 4 - can be booked with the Long Barn to accommodate up to 8 guests.
- Exposed stone walls, oak beams and wood floors provide charm and character
- 2 large bedrooms - 1 with king size bed & 1 with 2 single beds
- Crisp white Egyptian cotton sheets on supremely comfortable beds
- Kitchen with low level oven with ceramic hob, microwave, toaster, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- Sitting room with flat screen TV, DVD and CD player/iPod docking station, providing a cosy haven to relax in
- Central heating and wood burning stove
- Dogs welcome - one dog only
- Storage facilities for cycles
- Family friendly cottage - travel cot and high chair available
- Peaceful rural location with stunning views
- Prices from £430 for 7 nights
Situated in Branthwaite, just 2 miles from of Caldbeck, in the Lake District.
Remember to mention the Caldbeck website when you contact Branthwaite Stable.