Crofthead is a traditional Lakeland cottage which has been lovingly renovated and restored and has achieved a Visit Britain 4 Star Gold Award. The holiday cottage is immediately surrounded by gently undulating pasture land and the uninterrupted panoramic views encompass the spectacular backdrop of nearby Carrock Fell.
Inside the high quality decor and furnishings contribute to the cosiness and charm of the cottage. The modern well-equipped kitchen and dining area, with its excellent range of appliances, has a traditional slate floor with underfloor heating, along with the rest of the ground floor of the cottage.
The pretty garden includes a large patio area with table and chairs and a separate seating area, both of which provide ideal vantage points from which to enjoy the spectacular views. The restored well, to which cast iron safety bars have been added, complete with its goldfish, provides a further point of interest for guests.
Crofthead's location in this tranquil part of the northern Lake District National Park is ideal for walkers and cyclists alike offering a number of different walking and cycle routes from the door. Part of the Cumbria Way cycle route is also accessible close by.
Hesket Newmarket is 3 miles away - with a pub, village shop and tearoom - and Caldbeck is 4.5 miles which has a pub, post office, general store, cafe and other shops.
- Visit Britain 4 star holiday cottage - Gold Award
- Sleeps 5
- Exposed stone walls, oak beams and wood floors provide charm and character
- Under floor heating through ground floor
- 3 bedrooms - 1 with king size bed & 1 twin with 2 single beds on first floor,
1 single bedroom on ground floor
Twin room can be configured as super king size double
- Luxury, high quality beds and Egyptian cotton bed linen ensure a good night's rest.
- Modern kitchen with hob, multi-function oven, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and washer/dryer and slate floor
- Open plan sitting room with flat screen TV, DVD and CD player/iPod docking station, providing a cosy luxurious haven to relax in after a day on the fells
- Wood burning stove
- Storage facilities for cycles
- Garden with patio and garden furniture - BBQ also available
- Free wi-fi internet
- Family friendly cottage - travel cot and high chair available
- Not pet friendly - sorry
- Peaceful rural location with stunning views of Carrock Fell
- Prices from £485 for 7 nights
Situated at High Row, about 3 miles from of Hesket Newmarket and about 4.5 miles from Caldbeck, at the foot of the Northern Fells of the Lake District.
Remember to mention the Caldbeck website when you contact Crofthead.