|ELLWOOD HOUSE HOLIDAY COTTAGE is a stone built self-catering cottage, in an elevated position on the edge of Caldbeck, with views of the open fells from the rear of the house. High Pike can be seen immediately due south of the cottage in the picturesque expanse known colloquially as 'back o'Skiddaw'.
Dating back to the 18th century, Ellwood House cottage has retained much of its "olde worlde" charm but with every modern day convenience. The holiday cottage is sure to appeal to those who appreciate a quiet location with a rural aspect, 1/3 mile from the centre of the village of Caldbeck.
** Holiday Cottage Now Relaunched Following Major Improvements **
** Out of Season Discounts Available **
The cottage is heated by oil fired central heating, is double glazed and comprises:
- Dining Room/Lounge: With wood burning stove, colour TV, DVD, CD player, FREE Wi-Fi internet access, wood flooring and dining furniture.
- Kitchen: Fitted with electric cooker, fridge, microwave and dishwasher.
- Utility Room: Large utility area in converted barn with washer/dryer, freezer and space for storing walking gear, bikes, etc.
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom.
- Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom.
- Bedroom 3: Bunk/Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom: With bath, power shower, hand basin and WC.
- All bed linen, oil, electric and initial supply of logs provided. There is also a cot for young children and a payphone available.
- Attractive large enclosed garden - lawn & patio overlooking open countryside.
- BBQ and hardwood furniture.
- Private parking for up to 6 cars.
- There is free use of a selection of bikes which are kept in the garage/barn.
- DOG FRIENDLY.
PLEASE NOTE: We DO allow dogs at Ellwood House.
Steeped in history, dating back to the 13th century, this area has seen many changes over the centuries. Industries have come and gone. Many of the village buildings were built in the 17th century and are now housing new shops and local services catering for visitors and locals alike.
Ellwood House is located in Upton on the edge of Caldbeck village. From the village centre take the left hand road to the left of the Oddfellows Arms toward Uldale and Ireby. After 400 yards, turn left at the village school. Ellwood House is 100 yards on the left.
Please mention the Caldbeck area website when you contact Ellwood House Holiday Cottage.