The Long Barn is a traditional semi-detached Lakeland stone barn conversion dating back to the mid 18th Century, which has been sympathetically and stylishly converted while retaining a number of original features. The exposed stone walls, stunning beams, traditional multiple windows, antique furniture and multi-fuel burner are offset with the contemporary conveniences you’d expect including an en-suite in the master bedroom and excellent quality soft furnishings.
Every luxury feature has been thought of including underfloor heating with individual thermostats in every room powered by the biomass boiler, outdoor tap for rinsing down the dog (or kids) after a muddy walk, drying room and even a battery point for charging your electric car!
Nestling in the Roughton Gill valley and surrounded by the beautiful Caldbeck Fells, there is plenty to do with walks and cycling on the Cumbria Way cycle route right outside the door.
The pretty and historic village of Caldbeck is approximately 2 miles away which has a pub, post office, general store, cafe and other shops.
- Sleeps 4 people - can be booked with Branthwaite Stable to accommodate up to 8 guests.
- 2 bathrooms
- The property has 14 steps to the entrance, underfloor biomass central heating and comprises:
- Open plan living space: Beamed with tiled floor.
- Lounge area: With multi-fuel burner, 26" Freeview TV, iPod dock and CD player.
- Kitchen area: With electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Drying room.
- Bedroom 1: With king size canopy bed and en-suite wet room with shower and WC.
- Four steps up to...
- Bedroom 2: With zip and link twin beds (which can be made to super king size bed - please advise when booking).
- Bathroom: With shower over bath, WC and heated towel rail.
- All heating, electric, bed linen and towels included. Initial fuel for multi-fuel burner provided. Travel cot and highchair available on request. Wi-Fi. Welcome pack.
- Large lawned garden with patio, garden furniture and BBQ.
- One dog welcome.
- Electric car charging point.
- Parking for two cars.
Situated in Branthwaite, just 2 miles from of Caldbeck, in the Lake District.
Remember to mention the Caldbeck website when you contact the Long Barn.