Welcome to Marlowe Cottage in Caldbeck - a charming 18th century house which has been restored to an exceptionally high standard. It offers spacious and luxurious holiday cottage accommodation combining character and period charm with every modern convenience.
Situated within the Northern Fells of the Lake District National Park and close to the centre of Caldbeck Village, the cottage is within easy strolling distance of all village amenities, but at the same time enjoys privacy and beautiful views over the surrounding open countryside.
Only 20 minutes drive from the market towns of Keswick, Cockermouth and Penrith, you can also enjoy fell-walking, pony-trekking and cycling from the door-step with water sports and much more nearby. Or simply relax - on the spacious garden terrace or in front of the woodburning stove.
Period features and antique furnishings combine with stylish décor to create a truly relaxing retreat, whilst thoughtful attention to detail ensures a memorable holiday experience.
The cottage accommodation comprises:-
- Three generous sized bedrooms for up to 5 people in comfort + cot
1 King-size double with adjoining ensuite bathroom
1 large Twin (zippable to form superking double)
1 Single on two levels
- Family bathroom with whirlpool bath and large seperate shower
- Downstairs cloakroom with W.C. and washbasin
- Modern luxury fully fitted kitchen with built-in fridge/freezer, double oven cooker, hob, extractor fan, dishwasher, microwave, washer/drier, wide range of gadgetry and cupboard space, including a drying cupboard
- Spacious living/dining room with wood burning stove, sofas, original range and roof beams, dining table and chairs for 6. Flat screen TV, DVD/Video, HDD Recorder, Freeview TV & Music System, DVD & books collection
- Free Wi-Fi Internet
- Large private garden with generous suntrap patio, furniture and barbeque
- Off road gated car parking for two cars
Marlowe Cottage is open all year including Christmas & New Year.
Marlowe Cottage is located 200m beyond the Oddfellow's Arms on the road to Whelpo.
Proceed up the hill out of the village centre - there are fields on both sides at this point - and you will see ahead on the LH side the bell tower of the village school, which is at the top of the rise.
Marlowe Cottage is situated on the left, just below the school.
Please mention the Caldbeck area website when you contact Marlowe Cottage.