Thornfield Camping Cabins are set in a picturesque rural setting between Dalston and Caldbeck on the edge of the Lake District National Park.
For cyclists we are on Reivers route 10 and the National Cycle network route 7 - used by cyclists, along with walkers doing the Cumbria Way.
Luxury En-Suite Camping Cabins
We provide high quality, affordable and warm year-round self catering accommodation with home-from-home comforts, in a tranquil rural setting.
A real back to nature holiday experience surrounded by woodlands, walks, wildlife and extensive rural views.
There are 4 luxury en-suite camping cabins:
- Sleeping up to 4 adults (one fixed double bed and one double bed settee) or 2 adults and 3 children (maximum)
- En-suite wet room / Underfloor heating
- Fridge / Microwave/ Kettle / Toaster (Please note: no hob / rings)
- Free Wifi
- Gas BBQ Hire (can be used to heat pans)
- Fire Pit Hire
- FREE Car parking for the duration of your stay (one vehicle per cabin).
Additional vehicles by arrangement only and chargeable.
- Provision for well behaved dogs (chargeable)
- Comprehensive information folder on Dalston village and the immediate surrounding area along with information on walking and cycling in the area
- Well behaved dogs welcome.
Working in conjuntion with a neighbouring business; we can offer the "Woodside Welcome" which is provided by Mike and Debbie. They offer quality cooked breakfasts with locally sourced produce brought to your door. Comprising of English Bacon Rolls, The Ultimate Woodside Country Roll, Quality Tea and Coffees.
Opening times: Thornfield Camping Cabins are open all year.
Situated about 1.5 miles south of Dalston - on the Rose Castle / Raughton Head road.
Please mention the Caldbeck website when you contact Thornfield Camping Cabins.